About this book
MATRIX is Australia’s first international and residential mathematical research institute. It facilitates new collaborations and mathematical advances through intensive residential research programs, each lasting 1-4 weeks.
This book is a scientific record of the five programs held at MATRIX in its first year, 2016: Higher Structures in Geometry and Physics; Winter of Disconnectedness; Approximation and Optimisation; Refining C*-Algebraic Invariants for Dynamics using KK-theory; and Interactions between Topological Recursion, Modularity, Quantum Invariants and Low-dimensional Topology.The MATRIX Scientific Committee selected these programs based on their scientific excellence and the participation rate of high-profile international participants. Each program included ample unstructured time to encourage collaborative research; some of the longer programs also included an embedded conference or lecture series.
The articles are grouped into peer-reviewed contributions and other contributions. The peer-reviewed articles present original results or reviews on selected topics related to the MATRIX program; the remaining contributions are predominantly lecture notes based on talks or activities at MATRIX.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-72299-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-72298-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-72299-3
- Series Print ISSN 2523-3041
- Series Online ISSN 2523-305X
- About this book