Allelic variation at high-molecular-weight glutenin subunit loci in Aegilops biuncialis Vis.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Alleles at the high-molecular-weight glutenin subunit loci Glu-U1 and Glu-M b 1 were analyzed in the tetraploid species Aegilops biuncialis (UUMbMb). The material for the investigation included the collection of 39 accessions of Ae. biuncialis from Ukraine (the Crimea), one Hellenic accession, one accession of unknown origin, F2 seeds from different crosses, as well as samples from natural populations from the Crimea. Ae. umbellulata and Ae. comosa accessions were used to allocate components of the HMW glutenin subunit patterns of Ae. biuncialis to U or M b genomes. Eight alleles were identified at the Glu-U1 locus and ten alleles were revealed at the Glu-M b 1 locus. Among alleles at the Glu-M b 1 locus of Ae. biuncialis there were two alleles controlling the y-type subunit only and one allele encoding the x-subunit only.
- Allelic variation at high-molecular-weight glutenin subunit loci in Aegilops biuncialis Vis.
Russian Journal of Genetics
Volume 47, Issue 9 , pp 1078-1083
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Plant Protection, National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine, Vasilkovska St. 33, 03022, Kyiv, Ukraine
- 2. Institute of Food Biotechnology and Genomics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Osipovskogo St. 2a, 04123, Kyiv, Ukraine
- 3. NAGREF-Cereal Institute, Thessaloniki, Greece
- 4. Plant Production Department, School of Agricultural Technology, T.E.I. of Kalamata, Antikalamas, 24100, Kalamata, Greece