Morphology of pachytene chromosomes and its bearing on the nature of polyploidy in the cytological races of Apluda mutica L.
- U. R. Murty
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Pachytene chromosomes of diploid (n=10), hexaploid (n=30) and heptaploid (n=35) races of Apluda mutica L. are similar in their diagnostic morphological features. Hexaploids and heptaploids possess the same ten basic types of chromosomes characteristic of the diploid in multiples of six and seven respectively. Quadrivalent associations involving four homologous chromosomes were observed for all ten types of chromosomes of the hexaploid and heptaploid. It is suggested that the polyploid races may be autoploids.
- Avdulov, N. P. (1928). Systematic karyology of the family Gramineae. Proc. all-Russ. Bot. Congr. 65–67.
- Hunter A. W. S. (1934). A karyosystematic investigation in the Gramineae. Can. J. Res. (C) 11: 213–241.
- McClintock B. (1929). Chromosome morphology in Zea mays. Science. 69: 629–630.
- Murty U. R. (1965). Chromosome numbers in the Gramineae. Chrom. Inf. Serv., Tokyo 6: 9.
- Murty, U. R. (1968). Cytogenetic studies in Apluda mutica L. and Iseilema laxum Hack. Thesis, Andhra Univ., Waltair, India.
- Ourecky D. K. (1963). Pachytene chromosome morphology in Cynodon dactylon (L.) Pers. Nucleus 6: 63–82.
- Roy R. P. & D. N. Singh (1958). Pachytene studies in Mnesithea perforata (L.). Caryologia 11: 34–41.
- Roy R. P., D. N. Singh & S. Kumari (1965). Pachytene analysis in Dichantium. I. Chromosome morphology in D. annulatum. Nucleus 8: 137–148.
- Venkateswarlu, J. (1962). Some aspects of the study of pachytene chromosomes. Presidential address. Section of Botany. 49th Indian Science Congress, Cuttack, India.
- Venkateswarlu J. & V. R. K. Reddy (1956). Morphology of the pachytene chromosomes and meiosis in Sorghum subglabrescens, a Eu-Sorghum. J. Indian bot. Soc. 35: 344–356.
- Morphology of pachytene chromosomes and its bearing on the nature of polyploidy in the cytological races of Apluda mutica L.
Volume 44, Issue 2 , pp 234-243
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Martinus Nijhoff, The Hague/Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- U. R. Murty (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Botany, Andhra University, Waltair, India