Exploiting Throughput for Pipeline Execution in Streaming Image Processing Applications
There is a large range of image processing applications that act on an input sequence of image frames that are continuously received. Throughput is a key performance measure to be optimized when executing them. In this paper we propose a new task replication methodology for optimizing throughput for an image processing application in the field of medicine. The results show that by applying the proposed methodology we are able to achieve the desired throughput in all cases, in such a way that the input frames can be processed at any given rate.
KeywordsNumber Replication Task Graph IVUS Imaging Image Processing Application Streaming Application
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lee, M., Liu, W., Prasanna, V.K.: A Mapping Methodology for Designing Software Task Pipelines for Embedded Signal Processing. In: Proc. Workshop on Embedded HPC Systems and Applications of IPPS/SPDP 1998, pp. 937–944 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Choudhary, A., Liao, W.K., Weiner, D., Varshwey, P., Linderman, R., Linderman, M.: Design Implementation and Evaluation of Parallel Pipelined STAP on Parallel Computers. In: Proc. 12th Int. Parallel Processing Symposium. Florida, April, pp. 220–225 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, M., Liu, W., Prasanna, V.K.: Parallel Implementation of a Class of Adaptive Signal Processing Applications. Algorithmica (30) 645–684 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Pujol, O., Radeva, P.: Supervised texture classification for intravascular tissue characterization. Handbook of Medical Imaging 2, 57–110 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Gil, D., Hernàndez, A., Rodríguez, O., Mauri, J., Radeva, P.: Statistical Strategy for Anisotropic Adventitia Modelling in IVUS. IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging (in press)Google Scholar
- 10.Guirado, F., Ripoll, A., Roig, C., Luque, E.: Performance Prediction Using an Application Oriented Mapping Tool. In: IEEE Proc. Euromicro Conf. on Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing (PDP), February 2004, pp. 184–191 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Guirado, F., Ripoll, A., Roig, C., Luque, E.: Exploitation of Parallelism for Applications with an Input Data Stream: Optimal Resource-Throughput Tradeoffs. In: IEEE Proc. Euromicro Conf. on Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing (PDP), February 2005, pp. 170–178 (2005)Google Scholar