About this book
This book investigates the emergence of an EU strategic intelligence community as a complex multi-dimensional networked construction. It examines the constitution, structure and performance of EU intelligence arrangements as part of security policies of the European Union.
Intelligence security has become a remarkable feature of the European integration processes. This study assess the ability of EU Member States, as well as relevant institutions and agencies, to develop effective, legitimate and accountable institutions and mechanisms for collection, transmission, processing and exchange of intelligence. In this regard, synergy is a key indicator that validates the ability to create the European strategic intelligence community in the EU’s legal and institutional framework.
This groundbreaking project constructs a comprehensive model of the intelligence community as a distorted epistemic community tailored to singularities of EU security policies and systemic arrangements provided by EU institutions and agencies.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-45512-3
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-1-137-45511-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-45512-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site