About this book
This thorough book covers the most recent proteomics techniques, databases, bioinformatics tools, and computational approaches that are used for the identification and functional annotation of proteins and their structure. The most recent proteomic resources widely used in the biomedical scientific community for storage and dissemination of data are discussed. In addition, specific MS/MS spectrum similarity scoring functions and their application in the field of proteomics, statistical evaluation of labeled comparative proteomics using permutation testing, and methods of phylogenetic analysis using MS data are also described in detail. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters contain the kind of detail and key implementation advice to ensure successful results.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Proteome Bioinformatics serves as a useful resource for researchers who are beginners as well as advanced investigators in the field of proteomics.
Mass spectrometry instrumentation MS-based proteomics Databases Computational approaches Tandem MS techniques Statistical evaluation Phylogenetic analysis
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6740-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6738-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6740-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book