Table of contents
About this book
This second edition provides updated and expanded chapters covering a broad sampling of useful and current methods in the rapidly developing and expanding field of bioinformatics. Bioinformatics, Volume II: Structure, Function, and Applications, Second Edition is comprised of three sections: Structure, Function, Pathways and Networks; Applications; and Computational Methods. The first section examines methodologies for understanding biological molecules as systems of interacting elements. The Applications section covers numerous applications of bioinformatics, focusing on analysis of genome-wide association data, computational diagnostic, and drug discovery. The final section describes four broadly applicable computational methods that are important to this field. These are: modeling and inference, clustering, parameterized algorithmics, and visualization. As a volume in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters feature the kind of detail and expert implementation advice to ensure positive results.
Comprehensive and practical, Bioinformatics, Volume II: Structure, Function, and Applications is an essential resource for graduate students, early career researchers, and others who are in the process of integrating new bioinformatics methods into their research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6613-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6611-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6613-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site