About this book
This updated volume explores a wide variety of clinical applications of PCR such as detecting DNA methylation, detection of viruses and protozoa in infectious diseases, estimation of gene copy number aberrations, primer extension coupled with mass spectroscopy, and high throughput NGS techniques. The application of PCR has shown incredible value in the study of genomics and transcriptomics, not only for discovery but also for routine clinical applications, and it forms the cornerstone of personalized medicine. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include brief introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Thorough and authoritative, Clinical Applications of PCR, Third Edition serves as an ideal guide for researchers aiming to understand the principles behind each application and for their implementation in the laboratory.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3360-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3358-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3360-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book