About this book
This volume seeks to familiarize readers with a diverse range of technologies and approaches for probing neuron and circuit architecture, and, when possible, to attach detailed protocols to help guide readers toward practical application. From classical lipophilic dye and conjugated lectin tracing techniques, to electrophysiological, in vivo imaging, viral tract tracing, and emerging genetic methods to mark, manipulate, and monitor neural circuits, Neural Tracing Methods: Tracing Neurons and Their Connections includes reference to an arsenal of tools and technologies currently being implemented in model systems ranging from flies to mice. Written for the popular Neuromethods series, chapters include the kind of detail and key implementation advice that ensures successful results in the laboratory.
Essential and authoritative, Neural Tracing Methods: Tracing Neurons and Their Connections collects a comprehensive compilation of chapters authored by inventors and expert users, that describes state-of-the-art neuronal tracing and functional analysis methods in order to aid researchers in continuing this vital pathway of study.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1963-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1962-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1963-5
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- About this book