Table of contents
About this book
Triggered by recent experimental and theoretical progress in elucidating the tunable crossover, in ultracold Fermi gases, from BCS-type superconductors to BEC-type superfluids, this volume is a collaborative effort by most leading international experts to provide both a pedagogical and up-to-date introduction and comprehensive overview of this newly emerging field. It is now understood that the unitary regime that lies right in the middle of the crossover has remarkable universal properties, arising from scale invariance, and has connections with fields as diverse as nuclear physics and string theory.
This volume will serve as reference for active researchers in the field and equally benefit the many non-specialists and graduate students looking for a selfcontained, approachable exposition of the subject matter.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-21978-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-21977-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-21978-8
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8450
- Series Online ISSN 1616-6361
- Buy this book on publisher's site