Penning trap assisted decay spectroscopy of neutron-rich 115Ru
- 282 Downloads
Exotic, neutron-rich 111Mo and 115Ru nuclei, produced in proton-induced fission of 238U target, were separated with the IGISOL mass separator. The separator was coupled to the JYFLTRAP Penning trap to select the ions of a single, desired element out of the isobaric IGISOL beam. Monoisotopic samples of 115Ru and 111Mo ions were observed with a microchannel plate detector after the trap or were implanted on a catcher foil for gamma- and beta-ray coincidence spectroscopy. In spite of short data taking time new gamma transitions were identified in the beta decay of very neutron-rich 115Ru.
PACS.23.20.Lv γ transitions and level energies 27.60.+j 90≤A≤149
- 2.A. Jokinen, Eur. Phys. J. A 25, s1, 27 (2005). Google Scholar
- 5.H. Penttilä, Eur. Phys. J. A 25, s1, 745 (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.J. Kurpeta, submitted to Eur. Phys. J. A.Google Scholar
- 11.U. Hager, submitted to Phys. Rev. C.Google Scholar
- 12.H. Penttilä, JYFL Annu. Rep., 77 (1989).Google Scholar
Open Access This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.