The Influence of the Specific Surface Area of the Carbon Support on the Activity of Ruthenium Catalysts for the Ammonia-Decomposition Reaction
- 35 Downloads
A method for fractionation of the starting carbon composite Sibunit by density was used to obtain three samples of Sibunit with different values of the specific surface area: Sib10 at 439 m2/g, Sib13 at 389 m2/g, and Sib17 at 256 m2/g. Investigation of Sibunits using both methods, that is, X-ray diffraction analysis and combination (Raman) scattering spectroscopy, did not reveal significant differences (the parameters of the crystal lattice and the ID/IG ratio). The fractionated supports were used to obtain Ru-containing catalysts for ammonia decomposition reaction (0.1 MPa, 400°C). The dependence of the specific catalytic activity calculated per 1 m2 of the support specific surface a for catalysts of the same composition (4.0% Ru and 13.6% Cs) has an extreme form. The authors connect this with two factors: the blocking support pores contain an active component and a change in features of ruthenium interactions with the promoter (Cs) of the catalyst.
KeywordsSibunit specific surface area ammonia decomposition ruthenium catalysts specific catalytic activity cesium promoter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Geological Survey, Mineral commodity summaries, U.S. Geological Survey, 2016, p. 202. doi 10.3133/70140094Google Scholar
- 5.GN 188.8.131.526-98 Maximum permissible concentration (MPC) of harmful substances in the air of the working area, Hygienic standards, Moscow, 1998.Google Scholar
- 11.US Patent 4163775, 1979.Google Scholar
- 15.Bukalov, S.S., Mikhalitsyn, L.A., Zubavichus, Ya.V., Leites, L.A., and Novikov, Yu.N., Ross. Khim. Zh., 2006, vol. 50, no. 1, p.83.Google Scholar
- 17.Plaksin, G.V., Cand. Sci. (Chem.) Dissertation, Novosibirsk: Institute of Catalysis, Siberian Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences IC SB RAS, 1991.Google Scholar
- 19.Plaksin, G.V., Khim. Interesah Ustoich. Razvit., 2001, no. 9, p.609.Google Scholar
- 21.Kugatov, P.V., Zhirkov, B.S., and Surovikin, Yu.V., Katal. Prom-sti, 2013, no. 5, p. 38.Google Scholar