Phase microstructure evaluation and microwave dielectric properties of (1–x)Mg0.95Ni0.05Ti0.98Zr0.02O3–xCa0.6La0.8/3TiO3 ceramics
- 157 Downloads
All the compositions in the (1−x)Mg0.95Ni0.05Ti0.98Zr0.02O3–xCa0.6La0.8/3TiO3 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.2) series were fabricated using solid state sintering route. Mg0.95Ni0.05Ti0.98Zr0.02O3 possessed excellent microwave dielectric properties with ε r ≈ 17.1, Q u f0 ≈ 195855 GHz, and τ f ≈ -46 ppm/°C. τ f was tuned through zero by mixing with Ca0.6La0.8/3TiO3. In the present study, τ f ≈ -2 ppm/°C with ε r ≈ 23.9 and high Q u f0 ≈ 115870 GHz was achieved for x = 0.15, i.e., for a mixture of 85% Mg0.95Ni0.05Ti0.98Zr0.02O3 and 15% Ca0.6La0.8/3TiO3.
Keywordsphase microstructure density ilmenite structure
Directorate of Science and Technology (DOST) under its developmental scheme “Promotion and Support of R&D in Public & Private Sector, Phase 1 in Khyber Pakhtunhwa (R&D)” Funded Project 2011–2012 Peshawar, Pakistan, is acknowledged for financial support in this project.
- Sebastian MT. Dielectric Materials for Wireless Communication. Elsevier, 2010.Google Scholar
- Yu H, Cheng J, Zhang W, et al. Microwave dielectric properties of Mg(Zr0.05Ti0.95)O3–SrTiO3 ceramics. J Mater Sci: Mater El 2012, 23: 572–575.Google Scholar
- Manan A, Khan DN, Ullah A, et al. Phase, microstructure and microwave dielectric properties of Mg0.95Ni0.05Ti0.98-Zr0.02O3 ceramics. Materials Science-Poland 2015, 33: 95–99.Google Scholar
- Manan A, Khan DN, Ullah A. Synthesis and microwave dielectric properties of (1-x)Mg0.95Ni0.05Ti0.98Zr0.02O3–xSrTiO3 ceramics. J Mater Sci: Mater El 2015, 26: 2066–2069.Google Scholar
- Li J, Qiu T. Microwave sintering of Ca0.6La0.2667TiO3 microwave dielectric ceramics. Int J Miner Metall Mater 2012, 19: 2045–2051.Google Scholar
Open Access The articles published in this journal are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.