Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Slab Waveguide Structure Consisting of Chiral Nihility Claddings and Negative-Index Material Core Layer
- 215 Downloads
The dispersion equation of an asymmetric three-layer slab waveguide, in which all layers are chiral materials is presented. Then, the dispersion equation of a symmetric slab waveguide, in which the claddings are chiral materials and the core layer is negative index material, is derived. Normalized cut-off frequencies, field profile, and energies flow of right-handed and left-handed circularly polarized modes are derived and plotted. We consider both odd and even guided modes. Numerical results of guided low-order modes are provided. Some novel features, such as abnormal dispersion curves, are found.
KeywordsSlab waveguides chiral materials left-handed materials
- H. M. Kullab, I. M. Qadoura, and S. A. Taya, “Slab waveguide sensor with left-handed material core layer for detection an adlayer thickness and index,” Journal of Nano-and Electronic and Physics, 2015, 7(2): 1–6.Google Scholar
- S. A. Taya, K. Y. Elwasife, and H. M. Kullab, “Dispersion properties of anisotropic-metamaterial slab waveguide structure,” Optica Applicata, 2013, 43(4): 857–869.Google Scholar
- I. Qadoura, S. Taya, and K. El-Wasife, “Scaling rules for a slab waveguide structure comprising nonlinear and negative index materials,” International Journal of Microwave & Optical Technology, 2012, 7(5): 349–357.Google Scholar
- M. M. Abadla and S. A. Taya, “Characteristics of left-handed multilayer slab waveguide structure,” The Islamic University Journal (Series of Natural Studies and Engineering), 2011, 19(1): 57–70.Google Scholar
- S. A. Taya and K. Y. Elwasife, “Field profile of asymmetric slab waveguide structure with LHM layers,” Journal Nano-and Electronic Physics, 2014, 6(2): 02007–1–02007–5.Google Scholar
- L. W. Li, Y. N. Li, T. S. Yeo, J. R. Mosig, and O. J. F. Martin, “A broadband and high-gain metamaterial microstrip antenna,” Applied Physics Letters, 2010, 96(16): 164–165.Google Scholar
- H. M. Kullab and S. A. Taya, “Peak type metal-clad waveguide sensor using negative index materials,” AEU–Internayional Journal Electronics Communications, 2013, 67(11): 905–992.Google Scholar
- S. A. Taya, “Theoretical investigation of slab waveguide sensor using anisotropic metamaterials,” Optica Applicata, 2015, 45(3): 405–417.Google Scholar
- S. A. Taya, S. S. Mahdi, A. A. Alkanoo, and I. M. Qadoura, “Slab waveguide with conducting interfaces as an efficient optical sensor: TE case,” Optica Acta International Journal of Optics, 2017, 64(8): 836–843.Google Scholar
- M. Yokota and Y. Yamanaka, “Dispersion relation and field distribution for a chiral slab waveguide,” International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, 2006, 1: 623–627.Google Scholar
Open Access This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.