Silver(I) and copper(II)-imidazolium carboxylates: Efficient catalysts in Ullmann coupling reactions
The silver(I) and copper(II)-imidazolium carboxylate coordination assemblies were derived from the reaction between corresponding carboxylic acid ligands and metal salts. These new metal derivatives depict a novel structural motif with variable chemical and thermal properties. These metal complexes act as potential catalysts in Ullmann coupling reactions. The imidazolium linker present in these complexes plays a role as both ligand and counter ion to balance the metal charge.
KeywordsCopper(II) Silver(I) Coordination polymer Imidazolium ion Ullmann coupling.
We gratefully acknowledge the DST-FT (SR /FT /CS-94 /2010) for financial support. CNB thanks UGC for the fellowship.
12039_2017_1262_MOESM1_ESM.docx (590 kb)
- 2.Ezugwu C I, Kabir N A, Yusubov M and Verpoort F 2015 Metal–Organic Frameworks Containing N-Heterocyclic Carbenes and their Precursors Coord Chem. Rev. 307 188Google Scholar
- 3.(a) Lee J, Farha O K, Roberts J, Scheidt K A, Nguyen S T and Hupp J T 2009 Metal–Organic Framework Materials as Catalysts Chem. Soc. Rev. 38 1450; (b) Lee J Y, Roberts J M, Farha O K, Sarjeant A A, Scheidt K A and Hupp J T 2009 Synthesis and Gas Sorption Properties of a Metal-Azolium Framework (MAF) Material Inorg. Chem. 48 9971; (c) Nickerl G, Notzon A, Heitbaum M, Senkovska I, Glorius F and Kaskel S 2013 Selective Adsorption Properties of Cationic Metal–Organic Frameworks Based on Imidazolic Linker Cryst. Growth Des. 13 198; (d) Wang S, Yang Q, Zhang J, Zhang X, Zhao C, Jiang L and Su C-Y 2013 Two-Dimensional Charge-Separated Metal–Organic Framework for Hysteretic and Modulated Sorption Inorg. Chem. 52 4198; (e) Sen S, Neogi S, Aijaz A, Xu Q and Bharadwaj P K 2014 Construction of Non-Interpenetrated Charged Metal–Organic Frameworks with Doubly Pillared Layers: Pore Modification and Selective Gas Adsorption Inorg. Chem. 53 7591; (f) Sen S, Yamada T, Kitagawa H and Bharadwaj P K 2014 3D Coordination Polymer of Cd(II) with an Imidazolium-Based Linker Showing Parallel Polycatenation Forming Channels with Aligned Imidazolium Groups Cryst. Growth Des. 14 1240Google Scholar
- 7.Lalonde M B, Farha O K, Scheidt K A and Hupp J T 2012 N-Heterocyclic Carbene-Like Catalysis by a Metal–Organic Framework Material ACS Catal. 21 550Google Scholar
- 9.Perrin D D and Armarego W L F 1988 Purification of Laboratory Chemicals Third ed. (London: Pergamon Press)Google Scholar
- 10.(a) Wang X W, Han L, Cai T-J, Zheng Y-Q, Chen J-Z and Deng Q 2007 A Novel Chiral Doubly Folded Interpenetrating 3D Metal −Organic Framework Based on the Flexible Zwitterionic Ligand Cryst. Growth Des. 7 1027; (b) Kühl O and Palm G 2010 Imidazolium Salts from Amino Acids—A New Route to Chiral Zwitterionic Carbene Precursors? Tetrahedron Asymm. 21 393; (c) Babu C N, Sathyanarayana A, Mobin S M, Prabusankar G 2013 Structurally characterized zwitterionic chiral zinc imidazolium [4,4] grid Inorg. Chem. Commun. 37 222Google Scholar
- 14.(a) Sambiagio C, Marsden S P, Blacker A J and McGowan P C 2014 Copper Catalysed Ullmann Type Chemistry: From Mechanistic Aspects to Modern Development Chem. Soc. Rev. 43 3525; (b) Gu Y, Chang D, Leng X, Gu Y and Shen Q 2015 Well-Defined, Shelf-Stable (NHC)Ag(CF2H) Complexes for Difluoromethylation Organometallics 34 3065Google Scholar
© Indian Academy of Sciences 2017