Lipophilicity determination of some 3,5-dinitro-benzoic-acid esters on unimepregnated cellulose layer
- 40 Downloads
Unimpregnated cellulose layers proved to be suitable for the determination of the lipophilic character of 14 3,5-dinitro benzoic acid esters under reversed-phase, thin-layer chromatographic conditions. Lipophilic characters measured on unimpregnated cellulose layers correlated well with similar values determined on impregnated silica and on impregnated alumina. Minor differences in retention of the three types of layers were observed.
Key WordsThin-layer chromatography Lipophilic character 3,5-dinitro benzoic acid esters Cellulose layers
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Hansch, I. M. Clayton, J. Pharm. Sci.62, 1 (1973).Google Scholar
- W. J. Haggerty, E. A. Murrill, Res. Dev.25, 30 (1974).Google Scholar
- C. B. C. Boyce, B. V. Milborrow, Nature208, 537 (1965).Google Scholar
- E. Stahl, “Dünnschichtchromatographie”, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1962, p. 179 and 202.Google Scholar
- U. A. Th. Brinkmann, G. De Vries, in “Proc. of the 2nd Int. Symp. on Instrumental High Performance Thin-Layer Chromatography”,R. E. Kaiser, ed., Institute for Chromatography, Bad Dürkheim, 1982, p. 11.Google Scholar
- C. Hansch, A. Leo, “Substituent Constants for Correlation Analysis in Chemistry and Biology”, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1979.Google Scholar