Study of forced waves in a confined basin using the finite element technique
- 9 Downloads
The generation of barotropic waves in a confined three-dimensional basin by periodic, spatiallydistributed atmospheric pressure perturbations is considered in terms of linear theory. The analytical solution for a rectangular basin is compared with the numerical one.
KeywordsClimate Change Environmental Physic Linear Theory Forced Wave Element Technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zienkiewich, O.C. and Morgan, K.Finite Elements and Approximation. New York: Wiley-Interscience (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.Vladimirov, V.S.Mathematical Physics Equations. Moscow: Nauka (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.Marchuk, G.I. and Agoshkov, V.I.Introduction to Projection-Grid Methods. Moscow: Nauka (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.Norrie, D.H. and de Vries, G.Introduction to Finite Element Analysis. Academic Press (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.Koshlyakov, N.S., Gliner, E.V. and Smirnov, M.M.Equations in Mathematical Physics Partial Derivatives. Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.Forsythe, G.F. and Moller, C.B.Computer Solution of Linear Algebraic Systems. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall (1967), No. 4.Google Scholar