Acetylenic derivatives of mesitylene and phloroglucinol
- 26 Downloads
Diethynylmesitylene and the trimethyl ether of monochloroethynylphloroglucinol were synthesized. A soluble high-melting oligomer was obtained from diethynylmesitylene.
Together with replacement of the oxygen of the carbonyl group by chlorine, the hydrogen of the aromatic ring and the hydrogen of the acetyl group are replaced when the trimethyl ether of acetylphloroglucinol is chlorinated at elevated temperatures.
In order to ascertain the effect of substituents in the aromatic ring on the physiological activity the obtained ethynyl compounds were converted to the amino derivatives.
KeywordsOxygen Hydrogen Ether Chlorinate Carbonyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. I. Bardamova, T. G. Shishmakova, and I. L. Kotlyarevskii, Vysokomolekul. Soed.,9B, 807 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.T. G. Shishmakova, M. I. Bardamova, Z. P. Trotsenko, and I. L. Kotlyarevskii, ibid.,10C, 6 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Tani, F. Toda, and K. Matsumya, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan,36, 391 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.E. G. Izyumov, O. R. Grek, É. K. Andrievskaya, and I. L. Kotlyarevskii, Izv. Sib. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Med. Biol., 45 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.B. Beilstein, Handbuch der Organ. Chem. Vol. 5 (Second Supplement) (1943), p. 343.Google Scholar
- 6.B, Beilstein, ibid., Vol. 8 (Main ed.) (1925), p. 395.Google Scholar