Salivary Glands, Head and Neck
- Peter SpielerAffiliated withInstitut für Pathologie, Kantonsspital St. Gallen
- , Matthias RössleAffiliated withInstitut für Klinische Pathologie, UniversitätsSpital Zürich
In the section ‘Salivary glands’, we mainly focused on crystalloid elements, benign cellular components causing diagnostic confusion, benign lesions of varied type, and benign and malignant neoplasms. Cytologic aspects of common malignant salivary gland tumors - such as mucoepidermoid carcinoma, adenoid cystic carcinoma, acinic cell carcinoma - are dealt with in greater detail. The section ‘Head and Neck lesions’ provides a summing up of all congenital masses and their differential diagnoses with special attention to cystic disorders and atypical squamous cells. Furthermore, non-neoplastic and neoplastic cervical lesions are presented that have relevance for differential diagnostic consideration in cytologic practice.
Cytodiagnostic algorithms of benign and malignant salivary gland lesions and cervical lesions respectively and their respective differential diagnoses are additionally presented in synoptic setups.
- Salivary Glands, Head and Neck
- Book Title
- Nongynecologic Cytopathology
- Book Subtitle
- A Practical Guide
- pp 399-487
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Essentials of Diagnostic Pathology
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.