Numerical solution of linear integral equations system using the Bernstein collocation method
Since in some application mathematical problems finding the analytical solution is too complicated, in recent years a lot of attention has been devoted by researchers to find the numerical solution of this equations. In this paper, an application of the Bernstein polynomials expansion method is applied to solve linear second kind Fredholm and Volterra integral equations systems. This work reduces the integral equations system to a linear system in generalized case such that the solution of the resulting system yields the unknown Bernstein coefficients of the solutions. Illustrative examples are provided to demonstrate the preciseness and effectiveness of the proposed technique. The results are compared with the exact solution by using computer simulations.
- Tricomi FG: Integral Equations. Dover, New York; 1982.
- Lan X: Variational iteration method for solving integral equations. Comput. Math. Appl. 2007, 54:1071–1078. CrossRef
- Babolian E, Sadeghi Goghary S, Abbasbandy S: Numerical solution of linear Fredholm fuzzy integral equations of the second kind by Adomian method. Appl. Math. Comput. 2005, 161:733–744. CrossRef
- Liao SJ: Beyond Perturbation: Introduction to the Homotopy Analysis Method. Chapman & Hall/CRC Press, Boca Raton; 2003. CrossRef
- Abbasbandy S: Numerical solution of integral equation: homotopy perturbation method and Adomian’s decomposition method. Appl. Math. Comput. 2006, 173:493–500. CrossRef
- Kanwal RP, Liu KC: A Taylor expansion approach for solving integral equations. Int. J. Math. Educ. Sci. Technol. 1989, 2:411–414. CrossRef
- Maleknejad K, Aghazadeh N: Numerical solution of Volterra integral equations of the second kind with convolution kernel by using Taylor-series expansion method. Appl. Math. Comput. 2005, 161:915–922. CrossRef
- Nas S, Yalcynbas S, Sezer M: A Taylor polynomial approach for solving high-order linear Fredholm integrodifferential equations. Int. J. Math. Educ. Sci. Technol. 2000, 31:213–225. CrossRef
- Babolian E, Masouri Z, Hatamzadeh-Varmazyar S: A direct method for numerically solving integral equations system using orthogonal triangular functions. Int. J. Ind. Math. 2009, 2:135–145.
- Jafari H, Hosseinzadeh H, Mohamadzadeh S: Numerical solution of system of linear integral equations by using Legendre wavelets. Int. J. Open Probl. Comput. Sci. Math. 2010, 5:63–71.
- Bhatti MI, Bracken P: Solutions of differential equations in a Bernstein polynomial basis. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 2007. doi:10.1016/j.cam.2006.05.002
- Farouki RT, Goodman TNT: On the optimal stability of the Bernstein basis. Math. Comput. 1996,65(216):1553–1566. CrossRef
- Yousefi SA, Behroozifar M: Operational matrices of Bernstein polynomials and their applications. Int. J. Syst. Sci. 2010,41(6):709–716. CrossRef
- Bhatta DD, Bhatti MI: Numerical solution of KdV equation using modified Bernstein polynomials. Appl. Math. Comput. 2006, 174:1255–1268. CrossRef
- Mandal BN, Bhattachary S: Numerical solution of some classes of integral equations using Bernstein polynomials. Appl. Math. Comput. 2007, 191:1707–1716. CrossRef
- Bhattacharya S, Mandal BN: Use of Bernstein polynomials in numerical solution of Volterra integral equations. Appl. Math. Sci. 2008, 6:1773–1787.
- Maleknejad K, Hashemizadeh E, Ezzati R: A new approach to the numerical solution of Volterra integral equations by using Bernstein’s approximation. Commun. Nonlinear Sci. Numer. Simul. 2011, 161:647–655. CrossRef
- Jafarian A, Measoomy NS: Utilizing feed-back neural network approach for solving linear Fredholm integral equations system. Appl. Math. Model. 2012. doi:10.1016/j.apm.2012.09.029
- Hochstadt H: Integral Equations. Wiley, New York; 1973.
- Numerical solution of linear integral equations system using the Bernstein collocation method
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Advances in Difference Equations
- Online Date
- May 2013
- Online ISSN
- Springer International Publishing
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, Islamic Azad University, Urmia Branch, Urmia, Iran
- 2. Department of Physics, Islamic Azad University, Urmia Branch, Urmia, Iran
- 3. Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Faculty of Art and Sciences, Çankaya University, Balgat, Ankara, 0630, Turkey
- 4. Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80204, Jeddah, 21589, Saudi Arabia
- 5. Institute of Space Sciences, P.O. Box MG-23, Magurele, Bucharest, 76900, Romania