Conservation Genetics promotes the conservation of biodiversity by providing a forum for data and ideas, aiding the further development of this area of study. Contributions include work from the disciplines of population genetics, molecular ecology, molecular biology, evolutionary biology, systematics, forensics, and others. The focus is on genetic and evolutionary applications to problems of conservation, reflecting the diversity of concerns relevant to conservation biology. Studies are based on up-to-date technologies, including genomic methodologies. The journal publishes original research papers, short communications, review papers and perspectives. The broad-ranging coverage includes:
- Identification of hybrid species, hybridization in native populations, and introgression between species
- Genetic structure of natural and managed populations
- Variation in small or endangered populations
- Population dynamics in the context of anthropogenic impact
- Reproductive strategy where natural behavior patterns are thought to have been disrupted
- Forensic applications for control of trade in endangered species, and much more
Note: A separate journal, Conservation Genetics Resources was established specifically to provide the rapid publication of technical papers on methodological innovations or improvements, computer programs and genomic resources including, but not limited to, novel microsatellite loci.
As a result, Conservation Genetics no longer accepts these technical notes or methodological and resource papers.
Link to relevant page: http://link.springer.com/journal/10592
Hunting for healthy microbiomes: determining the core microbiomes of Ceratina, Megalopta, and Apis bees and how they associate with microbes in bee collected pollen
Patterns of population genetic structure and diversity across bumble bee communities in the Pacific Northwest
- Journal Title
- Conservation Genetics
- Volume 1 / 2000 - Volume 18 / 2017
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.