On the Aggregation of Zadeh’s Z-Numbers Based on Discrete Fuzzy Numbers
The accurate modelling of natural language is one of the main goals in the theory of computing with words. Based on this idea, Zadeh in 2011, introduced the concept of Z-number which has a great potential not only from the theoretical point of view but also for many possible applications such as in economics, decision analysis, risk assessment, etc. Recently, the authors proposed a new vision of Zadeh’s Z-numbers based on discrete fuzzy numbers that simplifies the computations and maintains the flexibility of the original model from the linguistic point of view. Following with this novel interpretation, in this paper, algebraic structures in the set of Zadeh’s Z-numbers are studied. In this framework, we propose a method to construct aggregation functions from couples of discrete aggregation functions. In particular, t-norms and t-conorms are built. Finally, an application to reach a final decision on a decision making problem is given.
KeywordsZadeh’s Z-numbers Discrete fuzzy numbers Aggregation functions
This paper has been partially supported by the Spanish Grant TIN2016-75404-P AEI/FEDER, UE.
- 4.Aliev, R.A., Mraiziq, D., Huseynov, O.H.: Expected utility based decision making under Z-information and its application. Comput. Intell. Neurosci. Article ID 364512, 11 pages (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Casasnovas, J., Riera, J.V.: Lattice properties of discrete fuzzy numbers under extended min and max. In: Proceedings of IFSA-EUSFLAT, Lisbon, pp. 647–652 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.De Baets, B.: Model implicators and their characterization. In: Steele, N. (ed.) Proceedings of ISFL 95, First ICSC International Symposium on Fuzzy Logic ICSC, pp. A42–A49. Academic Press (1995)Google Scholar
- 16.Herrera-Viedma, E., Riera, J.V., Massanet, S., Torrens, J.: Some remarks on the fuzzy linguistic model based on discrete fuzzy numbers. In: Angelov, P., et al. (eds.) Intelligent Systems 2014. AISC, pp. 319–330. Springer International Publishing, Cham (2015)Google Scholar
- 22.Massanet, S., Riera, J.V., Torrens, J.: A new vision of Zadeh’s Z-numbers. In: Carvalho, J., Lesot, M.J., Kaymak, U., Vieira, S., Bouchon-Meunier, B., Yager, R. (eds.) Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems. IPMU 2016. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 611. Springer, Cham (2016)Google Scholar
- 32.Roselló, L., Sánchez, M., Agell, N., Prats, F., Mazaira, F.: Using consensus, distances between generalized multi-attribute linguistic assessments for group decision-making. Inf. Fusion 32, 65–75 (2011)Google Scholar