Multidisciplinary Sport Medicine Team
The Sports Medicine care, either in a Sport team setting or in a Sports rehabilitation one, should be always based on a team effort. A patient- or athlete-centered approach, with different contributing professional figures, is warranted to maximize health and functional outcomes of our patients, either in primary prevention or rehabilitation setting. The central role of the caregiver team is highlighted in this first chapter in which we wish to present our experience in the basic principles of both playing in and managing a team around the patient in a Sports Medicine setting.
- 1.Kyritsis P, Bahr R, Landreau P, Miladi R, Witvrouw E. Likelihood of ACL graft rupture: not meeting six clinical discharge criteria before return to sport is associated with a four times greater risk of rupture. Br J Sports Med. 2016;50(15):946–51. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2015-095908.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 3.Van Melick N, Van Cingel REH, Brooijmans F, Neeter C, Van Tienen T, Hullegie W, Der Sanden MWGN. Evidence-based clinical practice update: practice guidelines for anterior cruciate ligament rehabilitation based on a systematic review and multidisciplinary consensus. Br J Sports Med. 2016;50(24):1506–15. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2015-095898.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 8.Padua DA, DiStefano LJ, Beutler AI, De La Motte SJ, DiStefano MJ, Marshall SW. The landing error scoring system as a screening tool for an anterior cruciate ligament injury-prevention program in elite-youth soccer athletes. J Athl Train. 2015;50(6):589–95. https://doi.org/10.4085/1062-6050-50.1.10.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 11.Benjaminse A, Gokeler A, Dowling AV, Faigenbaum A, Ford KR, Hewett TE, et al. Optimization of the anterior cruciate ligament injury prevention paradigm: novel feedback techniques to enhance motor learning and reduce injury risk. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2015;45(3):170–82. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2015.4986.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 12.King E, Franklyn-Miller A, Richter C, O’Reilly E, Doolan M, Moran K, et al. Clinical and biomechanical outcomes of rehabilitation targeting intersegmental control in athletic groin pain: prospective cohort of 205 patients. Br J Sports Med. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2016-097089.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Della Villa S, Boldrini L, Ricci M, Danelon F, Snyder-Mackler L, Nanni G, Roi GS. Clinical outcomes and return-to-sports participation of 50 soccer players after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction through a sport-specific rehabilitation protocol. Sports Health. 2012;4(1):17–24. https://doi.org/10.1177/1941738111417564.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar