A New Approach for the evaluation of kinematic and static performances of a family of 3-UPU translational manipulators
This paper presents a new approach for finding kinematic and static performances of a class of 3-UPU manipulators that feature platform and base both planar and similar to each other. Kinematic as well as static issues worth considering for the design of these manipulators are addressed and a novel design procedure is presented.
KeywordsConstraint Singularity Projection Center Universal Joint Parallel Kinematic Machine Base Triangle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bubani, F. (1999). Studio delle caratteristiche funzionali di un manipolatore parallelo di pura traslazione e progetto del prototipo. Master Thesis, Bologna (Italy): DIEM-Univ. of Bologna.Google Scholar
- Clavel, R. (1988). DELTA: a fast robot with parallel geometry. In Proceedings of the 18 th International Symposium on Industrial Robots, 91–100Google Scholar
- Di Gregorio, R., and Parenti-Castelli, V. (1998). A translational 3-dof parallel manipulator. In Lenarcic, J., and Husty, M.L., eds., Advances in Robot Kinematics: Analysis and Control. Dordrecht (The Netherlands): Kluwer Academic Publishers, 48–58.Google Scholar
- Di Gregorio, R., and Parenti-Castelli, V. (2000). Benefits of twisting the legs in the 3-UPU Tsai mechanism. In Proceedings of the Year 2000 Parallel Kinematic Machines International Conference, 201–211.Google Scholar
- Hervé, J.-M, and Sparacino, F. (1991). Structural synthesis of parallel robots generating spatial translation. In Proceedings of the 5 th International Conference on Advanced Robotics, 808–813.Google Scholar
- Kong, X., and Gosselin, M.-C. (2002). A class of 3-DOF translational parallel manipulators with linear input-output equations. In Proceedings of the Workshop on Fundamental Issues and Future Research Directions for Parallel Mechanisms and Manipulators, 25–32.Google Scholar
- Parenti-Castelli, V., and Bubani, F. (1999). Singularity loci and dimensional design of a translational 3-dof fully-parallel manipulator. In Proceedings of the Workshop on Advances in Multibody Systems and Mechatronics, 319–331.Google Scholar
- Tsai, L.-W. (1996). Kinematics of a three-dof platform with three extensible limbs. In ai]Lenarcic, J., and Parenti-Castelli, V., eds., Recent Advances in Robot Kinematics. Dordrecht (The Netherlands): Kluwer Academic Publishers, 401–410.Google Scholar
- Wolf, A., Shoham, M, and Park, F. C, (2002). Investigation of singularities and self-motions of the 3-UPU robot. In Lenarcic, J., and Thomas, F., eds., Advances in Robot Kinematics: Theory and Applications. Dordrecht (The Netherlands): Kluwer Academic Publishers, 165–174.Google Scholar
- Zlatanov, D., Bonev, I., and Gosselin, C.-M. (2001). Constraint singularities as configuration space singularities. In http://www.parallelmic.org/Reviews/Review008.html, online paper.