A Multimodal Chatbot System for Enhancing Social Skills Training for Security Guards
- 1.1k Downloads
Chatbots are typically used in dialogue systems for various purposes such as customer service and information acquisition. This paper explores enhancement of social skills training for security guards with the use of chatbots. More specifically, we designed a chatbot using text and voice as input to study the acceptance and the impact of the system to training security guards in deal with stress situations. The result of a pilot experiment and a survey are presented and discussed. Finally, we discuss possible improvements and future work.
KeywordsChatbots Serious games Training Role-playing Security employees Intelligent agents
This research was supported by the Brazilian scholarship program Science without Borders - CNPq scholarship reference: 233883/2014-2.
- 1.Abbasi, S., Kazi, H.: Measuring effectiveness of learning chatbot systems on student’s learning outcome and memory retention. Asian J. Appl. Sci. Eng. 3(2), 251–260 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Bosse, T., Gerritsen, C., de Man, J.: Evaluation of a virtual training environment for aggression de-escalation. In: Proceedings of Game-On, pp. 48–58 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Hoffmann, R., Kowalski, S., Jain, R., Mumtaz, M.: E\(\_\)universities services in the new social eco-systems: Security risk analysis: Using conversational agents to help teach information security risk analysis (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Medeiros, L., Bosse, T.: Testing the acceptability of social support agents in online communities. In: Nguyen, N.T., Papadopoulos, G.A., Jędrzejowicz, P., Trawiński, B., Vossen, G. (eds.) ICCCI 2017. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 10448, pp. 125–136. Springer, Cham (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67074-4_13CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Oh, K.J., Lee, D., Ko, B., Choi, H.J.: A chatbot for psychiatric counseling in mental healthcare service based on emotional dialogue analysis and sentence generation. In: 2017 18th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM), pp. 371–375. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Shawar, B.A.A., Atwell, E.: A corpus based approach to generalising a chatbot system. Ph.D. thesis, University of Leeds (School of Computing) (2005)Google Scholar