Table of contents
About this book
Edible ectomycorrhizal mushrooms (EEMMs) comprise more than 1000 species and are an important food and forest resource. In this volume of Soil Biology, internationally recognized scientists offer their most recent research findings on these beguiling fungi.
Topics covered include:
· Complex ecological interactions between plants, EEMMs, and soil organisms
· Comparative genomics, high-throughput sequencing and modern research tools
· Genetic selection of fungal strains and techniques for inoculating plants
· Economic and social considerations surrounding wild collected EEMMs
· Practical information concerning soil management and EEMM cultivation
The book will be a useful guide for anyone interested in soil ecology, forestry, or the genetics and cultivation of EEMMs, and provides an extensive knowledge base and inspirations for future studies on these ecologically and economically important fungi.