Table of contents
Cardiac Issues in the General Medical Patient
Cardiac Problems in Specific Populations
Cardiac Diseases in Patients with Concurrent Pregnancy
Management of Cardiovascular Disease in Patients Requiring Non-cardiac Surgery
Cardiac Disease as a Source of Neurologic Sequelae
About this book
This book addresses the increasing demands on cardiology clinicians to manage complex patients with pregnancy, cancer, noncardiac surgery, systemic diseases and concurrent cardiac problems . It provides an up-to-date, detailed, evidence-based approach to key issues facing the consultant including practical clinical advice on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of heart disease.
Evidence-Based Cardiology Consult addresses the issues specific and relevant to a cardiology consultation and focuses on cardiac issues in both the general medical patient and in specific populations. Topics covered include:
· The evaluation of chest pain, acute coronary syndromes, heart failure, infective endocarditis, sudden cardiac death, and imaging in cardiology consultation
· Cardiac problems in women, the elderly and athletes
· Cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic kidney disease and neurologic disease
· Pregnancy-related cardiac diseases
· Cardio-oncology, including cardiac disease resulting from chemotherapy and radiation in oncology patients.
This book is a key practical resource for the management of patients with cardiac disease whether it be the primary diagnosis or as a result of other medical conditions. Therefore this is a must read for cardiology trainees and practicing cardiologists, neurologists, physicians in maternalfetal medicine, oncology, nephrology, radiology, and those who participate in preventative medicine programs.