About this book
This book, the first in this new field of materials science, aims to present a coherent picture of the design principles and resulting properties of self healing materials over all material classes, and to offset them to the current design principles for structural materials with improved mechanical properties. Where appropriate a comparison to natural materials is made. As such it will be a landmark and a reference work in the coming years.
The book consists of a number of invited contributions from leading experts in the field. While each chapter describes a separate approach or a different aspect of self healing materials, the common structure of each chapter creates a coherent and consistent picture of this emerging and challenging field. Hence the book is not only a valuable asset for professional materials scientists but it is also suitable as a text book for courses at MSc level.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-6250-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-6249-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-6250-6
- Series Print ISSN 0933-033X
- Series Online ISSN 2196-2812
- Buy this book on publisher's site