About this book
This Work offers a unique coverage of modern seismic instrumentation. It provides not only detailed information on the basic understanding of seismic instruments but it also includes an overview of current equipment on the market.
Furthermore, the following topics are included:
installing seismic stations, networks and arrays
working with portable instruments
dealing with response information
and teaching about seismic instruments
This book is primarily intended for seismologists and technicians working with seismological instruments. The aim is that it should be used as a practical tool with only the amount of theory needed to understand the basic principles and the answers to most practical problems should be found here.
This book is written in such a way that it is understandable for a broad range of professionals working with seismological instruments and seismic data, whether students, engineers or seismologists. Both practical and theoretical topics are covered with the main emphasis on practical aspects. The book is based on the authors (seismologist and physicist) experience working in this field for more than 25 years.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-2969-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-2968-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-2969-1
- Series Print ISSN 0924-6096
- Buy this book on publisher's site