About this book
Topics in Number 46 include:
- Comprehensive review of the structural aspects and anti-corrosion properties of passive films on metals and alloys; a detailed description is given of the nucleation and growth of 2-dimensional passive films at earlier stages, their effect on the corrosion properties of metal surfaces, and the nanostructures of 3-dimensional passive films
- Research on nano- and micro-fabrications based on anodizing treatments combined with chemical/mechanical processes such as laser irradiation, atomic force micro-probe processing, and thin film deposition techniques
- Passivity of aluminum-based amorphous alloys and stainless steels and the catalytic activity of copper-based amorphous alloys
- Theoretical analysis of the admittance behavior of passive film/electrolyte junction based on the theory of amorphous semiconductor Schottky barriers
From reviews of previous volumes:
"This long-standing series continues its tradition of offering high quality reviews of established and emerging subject areas, together with the less common aspects of electrochemical science... [and]... deserves a place in electrochemistry libraries and should prove useful to electrochemists and related workers."
—Chemistry and Industry
"Continues the valuable service that has been rendered by the Modern Aspects series."
—Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry
"Will definitely be of much use to researchers in the field of electrochemistry. . . . The editors of this well-produced volume deserve all appreciation for maintaining the excellent standard of the series."
—Bulletin of Electrochemistry
"Extremely well-referenced and very readable.... Maintains the overall high standards of the series."
—Journal of the American Chemical Society
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-92263-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-92262-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-92263-8
- Series Print ISSN 0076-9924
- Buy this book on publisher's site