About this book
Among the topics covered:
· Comprehensive assessment of substance abuse and addiction risk in adolescents.
· The relationship between attachment and addiction.
· Addiction in the community: the role of emergency services.
· Substance use during and after major crisis and disaster: a practitioner’s guide.· Practice, advocacy, and outreach: perspectives on addiction services.
· Teaching the importance of developing the therapeutic relationship.
New Directions in Treatment, Education, and Outreach for Mental Health and Addiction equips health and clinical psychologists, social workers, and addiction counselors and educators with a well-rounded understanding of a growing population, and a wealth of perspectives on effective new interventions.