Table of contents
Setting the Scene: Climate Change and the Concept of Nature-Based Solutions
Evidence for Nature-Based Solutions to Adapt to Climate Change in Urban Areas
Health and Social Benefits of Nature-Based Solutions in Cities
Policy, Governance and Planning Implications for Nature-Based Solutions
About this book
This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.
This book brings together research findings and experiences from science, policy and practice to highlight and debate the importance of nature-based solutions to climate change adaptation in urban areas. Emphasis is given to the potential of nature-based approaches to create multiple-benefits for society.
The expert contributions present recommendations for creating synergies between ongoing policy processes, scientific programmes and practical implementation of climate change and nature conservation measures in global urban areas.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56091-5
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2017
- License CC BY
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-53750-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-56091-5
- Series Print ISSN 2199-5508
- Series Online ISSN 2199-5516
- Buy this book on publisher's site