Table of contents
About this book
This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.
This book provides a practical and self-contained overview of the Gene Ontology (GO), the leading project to organize biological knowledge on genes and their products across genomic resources. Written for biologists and bioinformaticians, it covers the state-of-the-art of how GO annotations are made, how they are evaluated, and what sort of analyses can and cannot be done with the GO. In the spirit of the Methods in Molecular Biology book series, there is an emphasis throughout the chapters on providing practical guidance and troubleshooting advice.
Authoritative and accessible, The Gene Ontology Handbook serves non-experts as well as seasoned GO users as a thorough guide to this powerful knowledge system.
Bioinformatics GO annotations Enrichment analysis Computational predictions Gene function
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3743-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3741-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3743-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book