About this book
This book is a state-of-the art reference to all aspects of percutaneous image-guided biopsy. It highlights various approaches to specific anatomic sites, describes potential complications of the procedure, and outlines management strategies. Featuring an extensive collection of radiological images as well as clinical case studies, illustrative diagrams, and tables, the book synthesizes the rationale, technique, and patient outcomes of percutaneous image-guided biopsy. In light of the growing number of indications for targeted tissue acquisition, it is a valuable guide for interventional and diagnostic radiologists who perform image-guided biopsies.
The book includes coverage of these topics:
· Biopsy devices and techniques
· Fundamentals of CT-, ultrasound-, MRI-, and fluoroscopy-guided biopsy
· Specific anatomical approaches to lesions in difficult locations including the head and neck, mediastinum, spine and pelvis
· Biopsy of solid organs including liver, kidney, adrenal gland, spleen, pancreas and others
· Biopsy of musculoskeletal lesions