Refinement of data on the volatility of octavalent plutonium in the form of tetraoxide PuO4
The previous determinations [1–5] of the enthalpy of adsorption of PuO4 on the quartz surface, which was calculated with an error of ±6 kJ mol−1, are insufficiently accurate. Gas thermochromatographic experiments aimed to refine the temperature of PuO4 deposition under definite temperature and gas-dynamic conditions were performed. The carrier gas was an He-O2 mixture (1: 1). From the data obtained, more correct value of −δH a 0 was calculated: 43 ± 4 kJ mol−1. The standard enthalpy of sublimation δH 298, subl 0 of PuO4 was estimated at 35 ± 10 kJ mol−1 using the linear correlation between the enthalpies of adsorption and sublimation of transition metal oxides.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Domanov, V.P., Buklanov, G.V., and Lobanov, Yu.V., Heavy Ion Physics, FLNR JINR Scientific Report 1997–1998, Dubna, 2000, no. E7-2000-232, pp. 167–168.Google Scholar
- 2.Domanov, V.P., Buklanov, G.V., and Lobanov, Yu.V., Abstracts of Papers, 7th Int. Conf. on Chemistry and Migration Behavior of Actinides and Fission Products in the Geosphere, Palmer, C.E., Ed., Lake Tahoe, 1999, p. 164.Google Scholar
- 3.Domanov, V.P., Buklanov, G.V., and Lobanov, Yu.V., Extended Abstracts, 5th Int. Conf. on Nuclear and Radiochemistry, Pontresina (Switzerland), September 3–8, 2000, pp. 93–96.Google Scholar
- 4.Domanov, V.P., Buklanov, G.V., and Lobanov, Yu.V., Radiokhimiya, 2002, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 106–112.Google Scholar
- 5.Domanov, V.P., Buklanov, G.V., and Lobanov, Yu.V., J. Nucl. Sci. Technol., 2002, suppl. 3, pp. 574–579.Google Scholar
- 6.Domanov, V.P., Radiokhimiya, 2002, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 102–105.Google Scholar
- 7.Haissinsky, M. and Adloff, J.-P., in Radiochemical Survey of Actinide Elements, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1965, p. 164.Google Scholar
- 8.Domanov, V.P. and Lobanov, Yu.V., Adv. Nucl. Radiochem., 2004, vol. 3, pp. 64–65.Google Scholar
- 9.Domanov, V.P. and Lobanov, Yu.V., Abstracts of Papers, 5-ya Rossiiskaya konferentsiya po radiokhimii (5th Russian Conf. on Radiochemistry), Dubna, October 22–25, 2006, p. 86.Google Scholar
- 11.Eichler, B. and Zvara, I., JINR Reports, 1975, no. R-12- 8943.Google Scholar
- 12.Duelman, C.E., Eichler, B., Gaeggeler, H., et al., PSI Annual Report, 1999, p. 4.Google Scholar
- 13.Adilbish, M., Zaitseva, N.G., Kovacs, Z., et al., Radiokhimiya, 1978, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 761–771.Google Scholar