Gas-chromatographic determination of O-isobutyl-S-2-(N,N-diethylamino)ethyl methylphosphonothioate (VX-like compound) and O-isopropyl methylphosphonofluoridate (Sarin) traces in slag
Procedures for the determination of 04sobutyl- S-2-(N,N-diethylamino)ethyl methylphosphonothioate (VX-like compound) and sarin traces in slag at levels of 5 × 10-5 and 1 × 10-2 mg/kg, respectively, were developed. The procedures are based on the extraction of organophosphorus chemical warfare agents from slag, the preconcentration of the extract, and the conversion of the analytes into dialkyl methylphos-phonates with the use of optically active alcohols. In this case, a solution of AgNO3 in 4-methyl-2-pentanol or a sodium alcoholate solution was used for the derivatization of VX or sarin, respectively. The resulting dias-tereomers were determined by gas chromatography with the use of a flame-photometric detector. The analysis time was no longer than 1.2 or 1 h for the VX-like compound or sarin, respectively.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.GOST (State Standard) 12.1.007-76: Occupational Safety Standards System. Harmful Substances. Classification and Safety, Moscow, 1978.Google Scholar
- 2.Stans’kov, I.N., Kondrats’ev, V.B., Tsekhmister, V.I., Sadovnikov, S.V., Derevyagina, I.D., and Morozova, O.T., Zhurn. fizich. khim., 2008 [Russ. J. Phys. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 2008], (in press).Google Scholar
- 3.Allenmark, S.G., Chromatographic Enantioseparation: Methods and Applications, Chichester: Horwood, 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.Zenkevich, I.G., in Encyclopedia of Chromatography, Cazes, J., Ed., New York: Marsel Dekker, 2001, p. 228.Google Scholar
- 5.Gnedenko, B.V., Kurs teorii veroyatnostei (A Theory of Probability), Moscow: Nauka, 1961.Google Scholar
- 6.Tals’roze, V.L., Raznikov, V.V., and Tantsyrev, G.D., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1964, vol. 159, no. 1, p. 182.Google Scholar
- 7.Stans’kov, I.N., Sergeeva, A.A., and Sitnikov, V.B., Zhurn. anal. khim., 2007, vol. 62, no. 6, p. 628 [J. Anal. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 62, no. 6, p. 564].Google Scholar
- 8.Stans’kov, I.N., Sergeeva, A.A., Sitnikov, V.B., Derevyagina, I.D., and Morozova, O.T., Zhurn. anal. khim., 2004, vol. 59, no. 11, p. 1194 [J. Anal. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 59, no. 11, p. 1081].Google Scholar
- 9.Stans’kov, I.N., Sergeeva, A.A., and Derevyagina, I.D., Zhurn. anal. khim., 2003, vol. 58, no. 2, p. 182 [J. Anal. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 58, no. 2, p. 160].Google Scholar
- 10.Franke, S., Frank, P., and Warnke, W., Lehrbuch der Militárchemie (Manual of Military Chemistry), Berlin: Deut. Militárverlag, 1969, vol. 2.Google Scholar