Absorption of a strong electromagnetic wave by electrons in a superlattice in a quantizing electric field
- 19 Downloads
Intraminiband absorption of light by electrons in a quantum superlattice in a quantizing electric field is investigated theoretically taking into account the electron-phonon interaction. It is assumed that the interaction with optical dispersion-free phonons makes the main contribution to electron scattering. It is shown that the point ω=ω0 (ω is the light frequency, and ω0 is the optical phonon frequency) conditionally divides the ω dependence of the absorption into two parts: ω<ω0, the region of exponentially weak absorption and ω>ω0, the region of “strong” absorption. An electric field shifts the region of strong absorption in the red direction of the spectrum.
KeywordsMagnetic Material Electromagnetic Wave Electromagnetism Strong Absorption Optical Phonon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Solymar and D. Walsh, Lectures on the Electrical Properties of Materials [Oxford University Press, New York, 1988; Mir, Moscow, 1991].Google Scholar
- 6.A. G. Zhilich, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (Leningrad) 34(11) 3501 (1992) [Sov. Phys. Solid State 34, 1875 (1992)].Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Pazdzerskii, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 6(4), 758 (1972) [Sov. Phys. Semicond. 6, 658 (1972)].Google Scholar
- 11.I. N. Bronshtein and K. A. Semendyaev, Handbook of Mathematics (Nauka, Moscow, 1980).Google Scholar
- 12.I. B. Levinson and Ya. Yasevichyute, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 62(5), 1902 (1972) [Sov. Phys. JETP 35, 991 (1972)].Google Scholar
- 13.V. L. Ginzburg and A. A. Rukhadze, Waves in Magnetoactive Plasma (Nauka, Moscow, 1970).Google Scholar
- 15.K. Seeger, Semiconductor Physics [Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1974; Mir, Moscow, 1977].Google Scholar