Analysis of multiple sweeteners and their degradation products in lassi by HPLC and HPTLC plates
- 481 Downloads
A solid phase extraction method using C18 cartridges was standardized for the isolation of multiple sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K and saccharin) and their degradation products (diketopiperazine, Lphenylalanine, acetoacetamide and 2-sulfobenzoic acid) from lassi. Analytical conditions for HPLC were standardized over C18 column using UV detector for the simultaneous separation and estimation of multiple sweeteners and their degradation products in lassi sample isolates. A simple cartridge free method was developed for the isolation of sucralose from lassi. Method was also standardized for qualitative detection and quantitative estimation of sucralose over amino and silica gel plates of HPTLC.
KeywordsLassi Saccharin Acesulfame-k Aspartame Sucralose HPLC HPTLC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arora S, Singh VP, Sharma V, Wadhwa BK, George V, Singh AK, Sharma GS (2009) Analysis of sucralose and its storage stability in burfi. J Food Sci Technol 46:114–117Google Scholar
- Arora S, Narendra K, Gawande H, Yarrakula S, Sharma V, Wadhwa BK, George V, Sharma GS (2008) Stability of artificial sweeteners saccharin, acesulfame-k and aspartame in flavoured milk. Indian J Dairy Sci 61:335–341Google Scholar
- BSEN (1999) BSEN 12856. Foodstuffs — Determination of acesulfame-K, aspartame and saccharin — High performance liquid chromatographic method. In: Analytical methods for food additives. Woodhead Publ Ltd, Cambridge. p 231–252Google Scholar
- Lawrence JF, Charbonneau CF (1988) Determination of seven artificial sweeteners in diet food preparations by reverse-phase liquid chromatography with absorbance detection. J Assoc Off Analyt Chem 71:934–937Google Scholar
- PFA (2004) Notification amending PFA rule 1955. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Gazette of India (Extraordinary) Nr 273, Part — II Section 3 Subsection (i) dated 25.06.2004Google Scholar
- Snedecor GW, Cochran WG (1989) Statistical methods. 8th edn. Affiliated East-West Press, Iowa State Univ Press, USAGoogle Scholar