Confirmed diagnosis by RT-PCR and phylogenetic analysis of peste des petits ruminants viruses in Tibet, China
- 73 Downloads
This paper reports the confirmed diagnosis by nested RT-PCR of PPR cases in Tibet, China in 2007, and results of phylogenetic analysis. Results showed that the 11 tested samples were PPRV positive by nested RT-PCR, of which 2 samples were genetically close to the X7443 strain (Nigeria 75/1) of lineage I, and 3 samples close to the strain AY560591 (Sungri96) of linage IV with 96.6%、 97.3%、 97.6% and 98% nucleotide sequence homogeneity respectively, based on partial sequencing of the F gene from 5 samples and complete sequencing of the N/M/F/H genes from one sample. This study suggested that there are at least 2 origins of PPRV in China.
Key wordsPeste des petitis ruminants virus (PPRV) Tibet RT-PCR Open reading frame (ORF) Phylogenetic analysis
- 1.Ahmad M A, Nazmi O H, Nadim M A, et al. 2008. Seroprevalence of, and risk factors for, peste des petits ruminants in sheep and goats in Northern Jordan. Prev Veter Med, 85(1–2): 1–8.Google Scholar
- 4.Food and farming group, International Trade Core Function. 2007. Peste des petits ruminants (PPR) in China. International Disease monitoring, Preminary outbreak assessment. Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs, VITT 1200/BT-China, 27 July 2007. (http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/diseases/monitoring/pdf/ppr-china080714.pdf).
- 6.Gargadennec L, Lalanne A. 1942. La peste des petits ruminants. Bulletin des Services Zoo Technoques et des Epizooties de I’Afrique Occidentale Francaise, 5: 16–21.Google Scholar
- 8.Jiang M, Yang S B, Zhang N Z. 2007. The epidemic trend and controlling of peste des petits ruminants (PPR). Prog Veter Med, 28(supplement): 88–91. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Khan U Q M, Barrett T. 2008. Molecular based diagnosis of rinderpest and peste des petits ruminants virus in Pakistan. Int J Agri Biol, 10: 93–96.Google Scholar
- 14.Yang S B, Zhao W H, Jiang M. 2008. Study of serological survey on the Peste des petits ruminants. Chin Anim Heal, 11: 63–65. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhao W H, Yang S B, Jiang M, et al. 2007. Sequencing and analysis on the N、 M、 F and H genes of PPRV. Prog Veter Med, 28(11): 8–11. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhao W H, Zhu J B, Yao L T, et al. 2002. Cloning and sequencing of HN gene of a goose paramyxovirus isolate. Chin J Veter Sci Technol, 32: 10–13. (in Chinese)Google Scholar