Initial susceptibility and viscosity properties of low concentration ε-Fe3N based magnetic fluid
- 1.6k Downloads
In this paper, the initial susceptibility of ε-Fe3N magnetic fluid at volume concentrations in the range Φ = 0.0 ∼ 0.0446 are measured. Compared with the experimental initial susceptibility, the Langevin, Weiss and Onsager susceptibility were calculated using the data obtained from the low concentration ε-Fe3N magnetic fluid samples. The viscosity of the ε-Fe3N magnetic fluid at the same concentrations is measured. The result shows that, the initial susceptibility of the low concentration ε-Fe3N magnetic fluid is proportional to the concentration. A linear relationship between relative viscosity and the volume fraction is observed when the concentration Φ < 0.02.
KeywordsMagnetic fluid Nano-material Initial susceptibility Viscosity
This work was supported by the national 863 project (No: 2002AA302608), from the Ministry of Science and Technology, China.
- 5.Rosensweig RE: Ferrohydrodynamics. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge; 1985:57–59.Google Scholar
- 6.Carlos Rinaldi, Arlex Chaves, Shihab Elborai, Xiaowei (Tony) He, Markus Zahn, Curr. Opi. Coll. Int, Sci. 10, 141 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Blums E, Cebers A, Maiorov MM: Magnetic Fluids. Walter de Gruyter, Berlin; 1997.Google Scholar
- 8.Tsebers AO: Magnetohydrodynamics. 1982,18((2):137.Google Scholar
- 10.Rosensweig RE: Ferrohydrodynamics. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge; 1985:63–67.Google Scholar
- 15.Ladislau Vékás, Mircea Rasa, Doina Bica, J. Coll. Int. Sci. 231, 247 (2000)Google Scholar