Effect of Quyu Jiedu Granule (祛瘀解毒颗粒) on microenvironment of ova in patients with endometriosis
- 87 Downloads
To observe the effect of Quyu Jiedu Granules (祛瘀解毒颗粒, QJG) on the micro- microenvironment of ova in patients with endometriosis (EM). environment
Twenty EM patients who received in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer (IVF-ET) were randomized equally into a treated group and a control group. Further, 20 patients who received IVF-ET due to oviduct factors were enrolled into a non-endometriosis group. The dosage of gonadotrophic hormone used, the number of ova attained, fertilization rate and clinical pregnancy rate were all observed, and the levels of tumor necrosis factor α (TNF-⇌) and interleukin 6 (IL-6) in follicular fluid as well as their mRNA expressions in ovarian granular cells were detected by RT-PCR on the very day of ovum attainment.
The ova attainment (13.80±6.87) and fertilization rate (0.69±0.31) in the treated group were all higher than the corresponding values in the control group (9.80±5.32 and 0.47±0.22); the follicular fluid contents of TNF-α and IL-6 in the treated group were 1.38±0.21 ng/mL and 130.56±12.81 pg/mL, respectively, which were lower than those in the control group (1.98±0.34 ng/mL and 146.83±17.65 pg/mL, respectively). Further, the treated group showed much lower mRNA expressions of TNF-α and IL-6 in ovarian granular cells.
The elevation of TNF-α and IL-6 contents in follicular fluid and their mRNA expressions in ovarian granular cells are possibly related to the low quality of ova in EM; QJG might raise the ova quality by reducing TNF-α and IL-6 levels to improve the living micro-environment for the ova.
Key Wordsendometriosis Quyu Jiedu Granule in vitro fertilization follicular fluid granular cells tumor necrosis factor α interleukin 6
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Lang JH, ed. Basic and clinical study of endometriosis. Beijing: Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College Press; 2003:1–6.Google Scholar
- 4.Special Committee of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Chinese Association of Integrative Medicine. Standard of diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis, pregnancy-induced hypertension and female infertility. Chin J Integr Med (Chin) 1991;11:376Google Scholar
- 5.Yue J, ed. Obstetrics and gynecology. 6th ed. Bejing: People’s Medical Publishing House, 2004:381–384.Google Scholar
- 6.Luo YK, ed. Practical gynecology of traditional Chinese medicine. Shanghai: Shanghai Scientific & Technical Publishers, 1996: 278.Google Scholar
- 7.Wei HM, Tian ZG, Liu J. The set-up and preliminary clinical application of the genetic testing method of 14 cytokines. Chin J Microbiol Immunol (Chin) 2002; 20: 180–181.Google Scholar
- 11.Specialty Committee of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chinese Association of Integrative Medicine. Standard for diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis, syndrome of hypertension of pregnancy and female infertility by integrative medicine. Chin J Integr Tradit West Med (Chin)1991;11:376.Google Scholar
- 12.Lian F, Wang XB, Zhang JW, Zhang N, Sun ZG, Li HX. Thinking and methods of TCM treatment endometriosis. J Tradit Chin Med (Chin) 2002;43(7):545–546.Google Scholar