Teaching computational neuroscience
- 268 Downloads
The problems and beauty of teaching computational neuroscience are discussed by reviewing three new textbooks.
KeywordsComputational neuroscience Education Models
Mathematics Subject Classification00A17 97U20
Thanks for my numerous teaching assistants over the years. I had many conversation with them about the method of teaching of this discipline. I also thank to the Henry Luce Foundation to let me to serve as a Henry R Luce Professor. Thank you for Brian Dalluge (who is now in my Computational Neuroscience class) for copy editing the manuscript.
- Izhikevich E (2007) Dynamical systems in neuroscience. MIT press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- Arbib M (2002) The handbook of brain theory and neural networks. MIT Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- Dayan P, Abbott L (2001) Theoretical neuroscience. MIT Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- Schwartz E (ed) (1990) Computational neuroscience. MIT Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- Trappenberg T (2010) Fundamentals of computational neuroscience. Oxford Univ. Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar