Influence of the Kinetics of Heat and Mass Transfer in a Binary-Rectification Column on the Realizability Range of its Regimes
- 10 Downloads
The range of realizable rates of flows in a binary-rectification column in which heat is supplied into the boiler and is removed from the dephlegmator was investigated. It is shown that this range is determined by two characteristic parameters related to the kinetics of heat and mass transfer in the column and the composition of the mixture subjected to separation. The limiting capabilities of a cascade of two binary-rectification columns for the separation of a ternary mixture in it were considered. The conditions for an optimum sequence of separation of a mixture in this cascade and for a consistent arrangement of its heat and mass exchange surfaces and the relation between the ultimate production rate of the cascade and the total heat losses in it were determined.
Keywordsrectification heat and mass exchange separation multicomponent mixture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Planovskii and P. I. Nikolaev, Processes and Apparatus of Chemical and Petrochemical Technologies, Textbook for Universities [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.N. I. Gel′perin, Basic Processes and Apparatus of Chemical Technology [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.I. A. Aleksandrov, Rectification and Absorption Apparatus [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.F. B. Petlyuk and L. A. Serafimov, Multicomponent Rectification. Theory and Calculation [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.K. F. Pavlov, P. G. Romankov, and A. A. Noskov, Examples and Problems for the Course of Studies on the Processes and Apparatus of Chemical Technology [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Kafarov, V. P. Meshalkin, and V. L. Perov, Mathematical Bases of the Computer-Aided Design of Chemical Works [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.R. S. Berry, V. A. Kasakov, S. Sieniutycz, and A. M. Tsirlin, Thermodynamic Optimization of Finite Time Processes, John Wiley and Sons, Chichester (1999).Google Scholar
- 11.A. M. Tsirlin, É. N. Vyasileva, and T. S. Romanova, Selection of a thermodynamically optimum sequence of separation of multicomponent mixtures and arrangement of heat-and-mass exchange surfaces, Teor. Osnovy Khim. Tekhnol., 43, No. 3, 254−260 (2009).Google Scholar
- 12.A. M. Tsirlin, D. A. Zubov, and A. Barbot, Estimation of irreversibility factors in the process of binary rectification, Teor. Osnovy Khim. Tekhnol., 40, No. 3, 264−271 (2006).Google Scholar
- 13.A. M. Tsirlin, A. A. Akhremenkov, and I. N. Grigorevskii, Minimum irreversibility, optimum surface arrangement, and heat-flow rate of heat-exchange systems, Teor. Osnovy Khim. Tekhnol., 42, No. 2, 214−221 (2008).Google Scholar