Steady-State Detonation Wave Parameters in a FEFO/Nitrobenzene Solution
This paper gives the results of experimental studies of the reaction zone structure during steady detonation in bis-(2-fluoro-2,2-dinitroethyl)-formal (FEFO, C5H6N4O10F2) and its mixtures with nitrobenzene (NB). For pure FEFO, the pressure and particle velocity at the Chapman—Jouguet point and the characteristic reaction time were measured. For FEFO/NB, the dependence of the detonation parameters of the mixture on the NB concentration was determined, and the detonation front was shown to be unstable in pure and in mixtures containing more than 30% NB.
Key wordsliquid explosives bis-(2-fluoro-2,2-dinitroethyl)-formal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Dremin, S. D. Savrov, V. S. Trofimov, and K. K. Shvedov, Detonation Waves in Condensed Media [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.B. P. Zhukov (ed.), Energetic Condensed Systems: Brief Encyclopedic Dictionary [in Russian], Yanus-K, Moscow (1999).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Finger, E. Lee, F. H. Helm, B. Hayes, H. Hornig, R. McGuire, M. Kahara, and M. Guidry, “The effect of elemental composition on the detonation behavior of explosives,” in: Proc. Sixth Symp. (Int.) on Detonation, Coronado, August 24-27 (1976), pp. 710–722.Google Scholar
- 5.F. M. Williams, Combustion Theory, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Massachusetts (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.R. M. Zaidel’, “Stability of detonation waves in gas mixtures,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 136, No. 5, 1142–1145 (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.S. K. Aslanov, V. N. Budzirovskii, and K. I. Shchelkin, “Investigation of the gas-dynamic stability of a detonation wave of an arbitrary profile,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 182, No. 1, 53–55 (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 6: Fluid Mechanics, Pergamon Press, Oxford-Elmsford, New York (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.M. N. Makhov, V. I. Pepekin, and Y. A. Lebedev, “Method of calculating the detonation parameters of explosives,” in: Proc, Fifth Symp. on Combustion and Explosion, Chernogolovka (1977), p. 88.Google Scholar