Theoretical study of the electronic structure of mono-chloride of lanthanum molecule including spin-orbit coupling effect
- 49 Downloads
Our investigation is devoted to the theoretical study of the low-lying electronic structure of the LaCl molecule by using ab initio quantum methods. We are concerned with several methods such as the complete active space-self consistent field (CAS-SCF) and the multi reference of configuration interaction (MRCI + Q) methods. These methods are applied for the purpose of drawing the potential energy curves (PECs) and calculating the molecular spectroscopic constants for a given number of electronic states of singlet and triplet multiplicity. We count 26 2S+ 1 Λ(±) electronic states located below 24,000 cm− 1 neglecting the spin-orbit effects and 47 Ω(±) components taken into consideration these effects. Our calculations are performed via the quantum ab initio package MOLPRO (Werner and Knowles 2000).
KeywordsDiatomic molecules Ab initio methods Theoretical electronic states Spectroscopic constants Ab initio package MOLPRO
We present our appreciation and deep thanks to Mr. Florent REAL, Professor at the University of Sciences and Technologies Lille 1-France and member on PHLAM laboratory for his support and sincere discussion of this work. We also thank Pr. Fadia TAHER, Head of the Common trunc at the Faculty of Engineering III on the Lebanese University and the director of the Molecular Quantum Mechanics and Modeling Laboratory. We also thank Mr. Jihad SIDAWI, Professor at the Faculty of Engineering III at the Lebanese University and member on the Molecular Quantum Mechanics and Modeling Laboratory for his cooperation.
- 1.Werner H-J, Knowles P-J (2000) MOLPRO ab-initio program package. Universities of Stuttgart and Birmingham, BirminghamGoogle Scholar
- 3.Xiaoyan C, Dolg M (2005) Pseudopotential studies on the electronic structure of lanthanum monohalides LaF, LaCl LaBr, and LaI. J Theor Comput Chem 04 spec01:583–592Google Scholar
- 8.Dolg M, Stoll H (1996) Electronic structure calculations for molecules containing lanthanide atoms. In: Gschneidner KA Jr, Eyring L (eds) Handbook of the physics and chemistry of rare earths, vol 22. Elsevier, Amsterdam, pp 607–729Google Scholar
- 16.Basics R, Bernard AC, Zgainsky A (1975) Electronic spectrum of the lanthanum hydride and lanthanum deuteride molecules. R Acad Sci B, Comptes Rendus des Seances de l’Academie des Sciences, Serie B: Sciences Physiques 280(4):77. 8CODEN: CHDBAN; ISSN: 0366-6077Google Scholar
- 32.Fahes H, Korek M, Allouche AR, Aubert-Frecon M (2004) Theoretical electronic structure of the lowest-lying states of the LaCl molecules. J Chem Phys 229:97–103Google Scholar
- 34.Martin WC, Zalubas R, Hagan L (1978) Atomic Energy levels. The Rare-Earth Elements, NSRDS-NBRDS60. Nat Stand Ref Data Ser, Nat Bur Stand 60Google Scholar
- 37.Martin WC, Zalubas R, Hagan L (1978) Nat Stand Ref Data Ser, NSRDS-NBS60, 422 pp Nat Bur StandGoogle Scholar