T-branes at the limits of geometry
Singular limits of 6D F-theory compactifications are often captured by T-branes, namely a non-abelian configuration of intersecting 7-branes with a nilpotent matrix of normal deformations. The long distance approximation of such 7-branes is a Hitchin-like system in which simple and irregular poles emerge at marked points of the geometry. When multiple matter fields localize at the same point in the geometry, the associated Higgs field can exhibit irregular behavior, namely poles of order greater than one. This provides a geometric mechanism to engineer wild Higgs bundles. Physical constraints such as anomaly cancellation and consistent coupling to gravity also limit the order of such poles. Using this geometric formulation, we unify seemingly different wild Hitchin systems in a single framework in which orders of poles become adjustable parameters dictated by tuning gauge singlet moduli of the F-theory model.
KeywordsF-Theory Differential and Algebraic Geometry Superstring Vacua
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- D. Baraglia, M. Kamgarpour and R. Varma, Complete integrability of the parahoric Hitchin system, arXiv:1608.05454.
- P. Boalch, Geometry of moduli spaces of meromorphic connections on curves, Stokes data, wild non-Abelian Hodge theory, hyper-Kähler manifolds, isomonodromic deformations, Painlevé equations and relations to Lie theory, thése d’habilitation, Université Paris XI, Paris France, (2013) [arXiv:1305.6593] [INSPIRE].
- T. Hausel, M. Mereb and M. Lennox Wong, Arithmetic and representation theory of wild character varieties, arXiv:1604.03382.
- L. Godinho and A. Mandini, Hyperpolygon spaces and moduli spaces of parabolic Higgs bundles, arXiv:1101.3241.
- R. Hartshorne, Algebraic geometry, Graduate texts in mathematics, Springer, New York U.S.A., (1977).Google Scholar
- O. Biquard and P. Boalch, Wild non-Abelian Hodge theory on curves, Compos. Math. 140 (2004) 179 [math.DG/0111098].
- L.P. Schaposnik, Spectral data for G-Higgs bundles, arXiv:1301.1981.
- P. Boalch, Hyper-Kähler manifolds and non-Abelian Hodge theory of (irregular) curves, arXiv:1203.6607.