Solvent extraction of hafnium(IV) by TBP and topo from acidic organic-aqueous solutions
- 47 Downloads
Tracer concentrations of Hf(IV) were extracted by 60% TBP solution in benzene from 5M HClO4, 5M HCl, 6M HNO3 and 8M H2SO4 solutions, and by 1·10−4 M TOPO solution in benzene from 2M HClO4 and 2M HCl solutions in the presence of a variety of organic solvents miscible with the aqueous phase. Whereas for TBP these solvents caused an increase of HF(IV) extraction, an opposite effect was observed for TOPO. The results were discussed from the point of view of various solute-solvent and solvent-solvent interactions.
KeywordsMeOH EtOH Topo Dioxane Hafnium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. HÁLA, in: Ion Exchange and Solvent Extractio, J. A. MARINSKY, Y. MARCUS, (Eds), 8 (1981) 369.Google Scholar
- 13.J. HÁLA, J. SMOLA, Coll. Czech. Chem. Commun., 40 (1975) 3329.Google Scholar
- 14.J. HÁLA, J. PŘÍHODA, Coll. Czech. Chem. Commun., 40 (1975) 546.Google Scholar
- 17.N. M. ADAMSKII, S. M. KARPACHEVA, I. N. MELNIKOV, A. M. ROZEN, Radiokhimiya, 2 (1960) 400.Google Scholar
- 18.G. P. NIKITINA, M. F. PUSHLENKOV Radiokhimiya, 6 (1964) 347.Google Scholar
- 21.A.K. COVINGTON, T. DICKINSON, in: Physical Chemistry of Organic Solvents Systems, A. K. COVINGTON, T. DICKINSON, (Eds), Plenum Press, London, 1973.Google Scholar
- 22.R. SHABANA, H. RUF, Radiochim. Acta, 23 (1976) 117.Google Scholar
- 23.F. G. ZHAROVSKII, R. V. KOSTOVA, Ukrain. Khim. Zh., 38 (1972) 1055.Google Scholar