Effect of the nature of organic solvents on their interaction with metal halides
- 32 Downloads
A systematic study has been carried out on the extraction of thallium halides with aromatic hydrocarbons, TBP and Amberlite LA2. Extraction has been studied from both H2SO4 and H3PO4 of various molarities. Among the solvents studied nitrobenzene, TBP and Amberlite LA2 were found to give the best extraction of Tl(III) and its separation from Tl(I) and other ions. Extraction mechanism was discussed in light of the obtained results.
KeywordsHalide Thallium Nitrobenzene Orthophosphoric Acid Solution Sulphuric Acid Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. ALIAN, W. SANAD, Radiochim. Acta, 17 (1972) 158.Google Scholar
- 3.A. ALIAN, W. SANAD, M. NOFAL, H. KHALIFA, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., (in the press).Google Scholar
- 4.A. ALIAN, A. EL-KOT, M. S. EL-BASSIOUNY, A. HAGGAG, J. Radioanal. Chem., 24 (1975) 271.Google Scholar
- 5.M. BARAKA, R. EL-SHEIKH, A. ALIAN, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., (in the press).Google Scholar
- 7.YU. A. ZOLOTOV, V. I. GOLOVANOV, Zh. Neorg. Khim., 17 (1972) 1717.Google Scholar
- 8.B. V. NEKRASOV, Course of General Chemistry, Goskhimizdat, Moscow, 1960, p. 575.Google Scholar
- 9.A. EL-KOT, Ph. D. Thesis, 1973, Cairo University.Google Scholar