Mechanism of formation of porous Al2O3/Al composites in hydrothermal conditions
- 81 Downloads
Main features of the formation of porous composites by hydrothermal treatment of powdered aluminium were studied by scanning electron microscopy, TEM, XPD, IR spectroscopy of lattice modes, and thermal analysis. Hydrothermal oxidation of aluminium was shown to proceedvia generation and subsequent oriented growth of well-crystallized boehmite platelets, whose subsequent dehydration yields γ-alumina. Relation between the degree of the metal oxidation and specific surface area/crushing strength of the composites was analyzed.
KeywordsHydrothermal synthesis porous ceramometals Al2O3/Al composites
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Ananin, V. V. Belyaev, V. N. Parmon, V. A. Sadykov, S. F. Tikhov, T. G. Starostima: inProc. 25 Mendeleev Congress on General and Applied Chemistry, Vol. 1, p. 37. “Nauka Tekhnika”, Minsk, Belarus 1993 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Alen:Particle Size Measurement, p. 590. Capt. Hill, London 1981.Google Scholar
- 3.JCPDS Data File N21-1307.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Cabannes-Ott:Ann. Chimie,7–8, 905 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.A. S. Ivanova, E. V. Skripchenko, E. M. Moroz, G. S. Litvak, G. N. Kustova, O. P. Krivoruchko:Izv. SO AN SSSR, Ser. Khim. Nauk,6, 116 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.A. S. Ivanova, G. S. Litvak, E. M. Moroz, G. N. Kryukova, V. V. Malakhov:Izv. SO AN SSSR, Ser. Khim. Nauk,5, 62 (1990).Google Scholar