Computer-assisted echography: statistical analysis of A-mode video echograms obtained by tissue sampling
- 26 Downloads
The A-mode video echograms of ophthalmological equipment are quantitatively analysed while using an online connection to a digital computer. A series of echograms is collected while the examiner carries out slight manual scanning movements with the transducer, thus performing a kind of statistical tissue sampling. The amplitude of the echoes is expressed as a percentage of the maximum display magnitude. The attenuation is estimated by a regression analysis while taking into account the amplifier gain curve of the equipment and is expressed in dB/mm tissue. The relative reflectivity of large structure boundaries is expressed in dB. The texture of tissue echograms is analysed by means of amplitude histograms.
KeywordsComputerised A-mode analysis Echo-opthalmography Quantitative echography tissue characterisation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bevington, P. R. (1969) Data reduction and error analysis for the physical sciences. McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Kervel van, S., Weil van de, J. M. andThijssen, J. M. A device for the display and adjustment of the amplifier gain curve of ultrasonic A-mode equipment. Submitted toUltrasonics.Google Scholar
- Ossonig, K. C. (1974) Quantitative echography—the basis of tissue differentiation.J. Clin. Ultrasound,2, 33–46.Google Scholar
- Poujol, J. (1974) Echographic diagnosis of tumors in ophthalmology. InUltrasonics in Medicine,de Vlieger,M.,White,D. N. andMcReady,V. R. (Eds.), Amsterdam, Excerpta Medica, 147–165.Google Scholar
- Thijssen, J. M. andVerbeek, A. M. (1980) Computer analysis of echograms from choroidal melanoma. In the Proceedings of The SIO UO 8 Symposium,Thijssen, J. M. andVerbeek, A. M. (Eds.), Doc. Ophthal. Proceedings Series Vol. 29, The Hague (in press).Google Scholar
- Till, P. andOssoinig, K. C. (1975) Ten-year study on clinical echography in intraocular disease. InBibliotheca Ophthalmologica, No. 83,Streiff, E. B., (Ed.) Lausanne.Google Scholar